This week I’m stealing my blog topic from my friend Jessica over at Chronically Vintage. She’s a lovely person and blogs about vintage fashion, which is something I knew little about until I started writing historical fiction.
Anyway, the idea of this post is to not talk about writerly stuff per se, but rather to reveal some slightly more personal things about me. So here we go – four things about me:
Four Places I’ve Lived
Sadly, I’ve lived in the same geographic area my entire life (so far). So this would be my exciting list:
- College town
- Elsewhere in hometown
Four Jobs I’ve Had
- Comic book store employee
- Tour guide at a historic home
- Antique auction house employee
- Blogger and social media manager
Four Things I Don’t Eat
- Oysters, shrimp, or most any other kind of shellfish
- Anything coffee flavored
- Ice cream
Four of my Favorite Foods
Two of my “don’t eat” foods are my favorite foods, so I splurge in moderation (darn lactose intolerance).
- Ice cream
- Lentil Soup
Four Films I’ve Watched More Than Once
Only four? Okay, here are four of the hundreds many that I watch and re-watch:
- The Princess Bride
- The Wizard of Oz
- White Christmas
- Miss Potter
Four TV Shows I Watch
I don’t watch TV. For real. There are several shows I’d like to see, but eventually I’ll probably just binge watch them online after they go off the air. So here are four shows that I’ve watched in the past:
- Babylon 5
- Star Trek (all of them except Enterprise)
- The X-Files
Four Celebrity Crushes
- Cary Grant
- Gene Kelly
- Fred Astaire
- Hugh Jackman (there – I put one modern actor on the list)
Four Pet Peeves
- Yawning (when I do it, or when I’m around others who are yawning)
- Slow traffic
- Wobbly chairs
Four Things I Wish I Could Do
Some of these I’m working on learning or improving, some I have no chance at all of accomplishing:
- Do acrobatics like a Cirque du Soleil performer
- Sew (working on this one)
- Dance (gonna work on this one soon – hopefully taking some dance classes later this year)
- Fly (doesn’t everyone wish they could fly like Superman?)
Four Subjects I Studied in School
I assume this means at a college or other post-high school level, because up till grade 12, everyone is required to study everything for the most part (or at least memorize stuff for tests). So, some subjects I studied in college:
- Creative Writing
- Star Trek (I truly did take a philosophy class that used Star Trek as the basis for studying philosophical theories. Awesome class).
- Ancient Egyptian history
Four Things that are Located Near Me Right Now
- A Care Bear blanket (I’m an 80s child and proud of it!)
- Glass of herbal tea (iced, because I’m from the South)
- My phone
- My cat, Nessarose
Four Things I’m Looking Forward to this Year
- Self-publishing a couple of short stories. Stay tuned to this blog for updates!
- Starting a newsletter (sorry, I haven’t actually done this so far, so no sign-up available yet. But stay tuned!)
- Getting out of debt
- Meeting new people and learning new things
So there you have it! Lots of Four Things that you probably didn’t know about me (and maybe didn’t want to know). If you decide to tag yourself and do a post like this, let me know! I’d love to read about your four things!
2 thoughts on “Four Things”
Awesome answers, Grace! I just adored getting to know you even better. I bet that working at a comic book store was quite the memorable experience. We share three out of the four things you wish you could do in common (though by no means uber talented, I do have some dance training from my youth and have always adored cutting a rug). I can sew a little bit, but it’s a million miles away from my strongest suit.
That’s wonderfully exciting regarding your forthcoming self-published book of short stories. Way to go!
Thank you very much for playing along with this fun blog tag and for the thoughtful shout out. I really appreciate it!
And I appreciate your comments! Glad you enjoyed the post. 😉